These Terms & Conditions are for clients of Kent Canine Academy in relation to services offered regarding our dog training classes, individual training and behaviour consultations. They are in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare of our clients.
We request all clients to complete our registration form in order to process bookings.
Group Dog Training Classes
Booking – Full payment to be made to secure your place on the course via Bank transfer Once the course is started no refund is available, as your place can no longer be filled.
We will give you written confirmation of booking via email if you provide us with one. Including start time and dates of each class.
- Our group dog training classes are not roll-on-roll-off. You are booking for 4 set sessions of group training and we hope that you can attend all of the classes in the course. We understand this is sometimes not possible (due to your personal commitments, or illness). You will receive feedback for the missed week but no partial refund will be issued. Where possible we will try to accommodate.
- Number of people coming to classes – we encourage as many members of the family to attend training as possible. The more members on board with training the faster your dog will learn.
- Children are welcome but we accept no responsibility for them, they are the responsibility of the adult they are with. If they are disruptive to class or any of the dogs are finding them too difficult we may have to ask them to leave the class. For this reason, we recommend at least two adults attending if bringing young children along.
- Classes are for dogs wishing to progress in general training. You must not knowingly book a dog who is sensitive/agressive to dogs or people onto group training. If you have any questions over class suitability for your dog please talk to Nikki. We can advise or do an assessment prior to class.
- Positive off lead interactions can be a fantastic learning experience for dogs. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a suitable mix in each class for this to always be possible.
- Bookings for individual sessions will be confirmed via email, if given, and full payment must be taken on the first appointment.
- If purchasing a bulk session of 5 hours to receive discount the booking must be made prior to the first session. Sessions cannot later be extended following the first appointment to gain discount on the first. A bulk purchase may be made at any point.
- Travel costs apply to each appointment where we travel to meet you. Personalised quote can be obtained by contacting us.
- Training can be at our Academy, which incurs no travel costs but you and your dog must follow the conditions set out below regarding the dog training academy.
- Cancellations – if you need to cancel a session we can rearrange this to a suitable time given 48 hours notice. Less than 48 hours notice to delay a session and you may still be charged for the appointment, Kent Canine Academy may consider true emergencies on a one to one basis and reschedule without charge.
- Booking – Behaviour consultations are only available directly with Nikki and you must be able to provide full medical history in relation to your dog.
- A £25 non-refundable deposit is required prior to give access to the digital training and full payment is required on the day of the practical session.
- If the consult runs over the allotted 1 hours training each additional hour started will be charged at £25
- Ongoing support includes email support for 12months following the consult and 3 x 15 minute phone calls to discuss your case.
Dog Training Academy
- All dogs attending the academy must have shown proof of vaccination (if you have any questions over this please contact Nikki). This is for the safety of your dog as well as everyone else’s.
- Any dog faeces passed at the academy is the responsibility of their guardian to pick and take home with them.
- Dogs may never be left alone in cars whilst at the academy and we do not facilitate a second dog attending with you for group classes. Two spaces on a course may be booked and handled by separate people but it is not appropriate to bring two dogs with you and only work one of them.
- At all times dogs should be kept on lead and away from contact with other people and dogs whilst on the premises unless explicitly told otherwise. If your dog or another dog is reacting (barking, pulling on the lead or trying to move away) then please increase the distance between yourself and the other dog.
- The car park is a private car park but we cannot take any responsibility for damage or loss whilst parked on our property.
- Only one dog at a time in the outdoor runs unless explicitly told by your trainer.
Illness and injury
- Bitches currently in heat, if actively in heat (bleeding), are not allowed to attend the training academy. It is unfair and distracting on other dogs. She will also be less likely to cope with training during this period.
- This also goes for sick or injured dogs, including dogs who have been in contact with infectious diseases including Kennel Cough and Parvovirus.
- If you are unsure if your dog should attend please speak with Nikki.
- We can rearrange any 1-2-1 training to suit but if you are in group classes your dog may unfortunately miss classes due to this. You can still attend without your dog to maintain continuity of training. Replacement classes cannot be offered unfortunately as classes are limited to a maximum of ? dogs per class.
- During training we may take photographs or videos of dogs learning and family members may be captured in these photos. These are to be used in both educational and promotional materials. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give consent for Kent Canine Academy to use these materials as stated above including on social media and marketing material.
- We will not use photos with children in unless agreed with their parents/guardians.
Delay of session
We reserve the right to cancel training sessions (group classes, individual training, seminars and behaviour consults) at our discretion. It is infrequent but if Kent Canine Academy need to reschedule a session, such as in an emergency or due to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, you will be offered a replacement date. This will be a day suitable to you for individual training and behaviour consultations. For group classes a replacement date will be discussed. Up to two replacement sessions will be offered to accommodate all clients.
- Only force-free methods will be used during training.
- No aversive training methods will be allowed including, but not limited to, the use of; choke chains, half chokes, electric collars, spray collars, slip leads, tightening harnesses, head collars or pet correctors.
- Therefore, any other method which causes pain or fear, or any item the trainer deems inappropriate are not allowed. If you do not comply we reserve the right to stop training without refund.
- We also strongly recommend you do not use these methods away from training with us.
Health & Safety
Do not bring your pet to the Event if s/he is ill or injured, or has been infected with, or has been in contact with another dog infected with, a contagious disease. Additionally, if your pet is neutered immediately prior to or during the Event, please notify Nikki.
Dog training is a physical activity and as such Handlers are reminded to train with due care and attention to their own safety and that of others. Handlers are responsible for the conduct of their dog at all times.
Kent Canine Academy make all reasonable endeavours to run courses in a safe and professional manner at all times and in accordance with veterinary advice (where applicable) and good practice. We have public liability insurance suitable for a dog-training club. Any physical activity can have risks, however remote. Participation in Kent Canine Academy’s activities is entirely at the risk of the participant. Neither Kent Canine Academy, nor its individual instructors or helpers, nor the arena owners or landlords of our training venues, accept any responsibilities, whatsoever, for any injuries or losses sustained which are not covered by Kent Canine Academy’s insurance. Handlers and/or owners remain responsible for their dogs, children and belongings at all times and are advised to ensure they have adequate pet or household insurance cover for liability in the unlikely event of damage or injury caused by their dog to property or to a third party.
We reserve the right to change these terms and condition at any time and any changes will take immediate effect. It is the responsibility of clients to read and keep up dated with the latest terms and conditions.
- We will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Many external factors influence behaviours and we cannot guarantee our training advice will be successful without controlling all of these other factors.
- For behavioural problems a behaviour consultation is recommended to work to alter dangerous and stressful behaviours. Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatalities. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is your responsibility to ensure safety of people and other animals with regards to your pet. Safety precautions will be advised and may include; limited access to people/animals, being kept on lead, wearing a muzzle and use of gates around the home. We cannot take responsibility for behaviour of your dog outside of training sessions with us.
- We strongly recommend all dog guardians/owners have pet insurance including third party liability cover.
All client details are kept in confidence and not passed onto a third party for promotional use. Email addresses are used to inform clients of services and activities as well as current bookings and information. If you would no longer like to receive emails from Kent Canine Academy please let us know. If you do unsubscribe you will no longer be on the list to receive class training information.